Bikerumor Pic Of The Day: NEW! A Bike Rack For Your Dog

fairdale bikes rack for your dog

Fairdale Bikes has a new rack available for dogs…or skateboards. But wait, there’s ‘more’!

fairdale bikes dog rack bike rumor pic of the day

Found via Hub Cyclery’s FB page.

To see more Pics of the Day, click here, and to submit your own photo to be shown to the world, go here.

Comments

Hnoj-CZ - 10/21/11 - 8:29am

Those dogs look extremely unhappy :-D

ixia - 10/21/11 - 9:00am

they don’t seem too pleased :)
did anyone try this invention on his/her pet? just wondering… :)

breadandbits - 10/21/11 - 9:30am

duh, these dogs have been photoshopped in (look at the tail, shadows).

ixia - 10/21/11 - 9:54am

i was laughing so hard and looking at the dogs sad expression that i didn’t notice that :)

Ydnar - 10/21/11 - 9:58am

How would you like a metal bar to the rib cage and junk area? Good idea, bad execution.

T - 10/21/11 - 10:45am

I hope this is a joke. If it is, it is in bad taste.

anon - 10/21/11 - 10:50am

emm i am sure peta will love this. Seriously, april 1st is a few months away. How cruel is this?

Hayes - 10/21/11 - 10:59am

More importantly, what the heck is going on with that back brake cable/housing?

Andy - 10/21/11 - 11:58am

This isn’t cool nor is it funny. FAIL

LG - 10/21/11 - 12:11pm

It’s pretty F-ing funny.

Mysty - 10/21/11 - 12:25pm

This isn’t cool nor is it funny. Would you hang your child to those who have children off your bike like that? Didn’t think so… Animal cruelty is huge… posting something like this may be funny to some… but those of us who are involved in saving and helping animals in need. Not likely to get a vote from me on the FUNNY…

Joshua Murdock - 10/21/11 - 1:37pm

Come on, people, lighten up; it’s truly unfortunate when even cyclists can’t share a lighthearted joke with each other. I mean, personally, I wouldn’t characterize photo-shopping pictures of dogs and bikes to be “cruel”, especially in this context. What about anti-smoking ads with cigarettes edited into the mouths of animals? Is that cruel? Is that abusive? Will that cause pain, anguish and distress to thousands of helpless creatures across the nation? NO! In a country that is utterly desensitized to violence, crime and blatant apathy, I find myself wondering why on earth this is what evokes criticism and cries for justice…

Seriously, this is just a picture somebody made for fun. It is not even vaguely suggestive of harming animals. If it still bothers you, don’t look at it; nobody is forcing it upon you.

Kristibee - 10/21/11 - 2:32pm

Editor’s Note: no dogs were harmed, or actually transported in these photos.

Michael Vick - 10/21/11 - 2:42pm

In Korea this would be a mobile food cart. Sorry…had to say it.

anthony gall - 10/21/11 - 3:20pm

yeah the lighting doesn’t match the on the dogs/bikes

Nathan - 10/21/11 - 3:44pm

I love that all the complainy people missed that this is a skateboard rack not actually dog carrier….

Read first, complain second…

Steve M - 10/21/11 - 3:49pm

Hilarious.

JayP - 10/21/11 - 6:50pm

Hilarious…People…Get over yourselves. and yes, I would totally carry my son on one of those.

tom - 10/21/11 - 7:36pm

Ever wonder where 3 legged dogs come from? Just ask one of these guys after their owner takes a left hand turn…

Jake Schneidewind - 10/21/11 - 9:56pm

I don’t really see this being harmful to a dog in any way whatsoever. It’s obviously a joke, and therefore, pretty funny. Even if this were real, I wouldn’t say that it were animal cruelty at all.

PETA sucks - 10/22/11 - 6:30am

Funny

Mikey D - 10/22/11 - 7:19pm

It’s not that people missed that this is a skateboard carrier.. (well maybe some still think it’s meant for that) but the fact is that they (and I for that matter) don’t think that it’s the least bit funny that The dogs were even put in there at all for the photo (the tail on the first dog and belt of the second do look a bit odd, and I really do hope this is in fact a photoshop job)

@kristybee.. editor… It looks painful wether or not they where transported.. as long as they were actually placed in that thing.. it’s cruel.

MissedThePoint - 10/23/11 - 10:42am

Pretty good photoshop. Dogs definitely look like they’re getting tons more light than the rest of the pic, and look like they are higher resolution. Shadow on the ground in the first pic is too unnatural, but the work on the shadows of the rack on the dog’s hind legs is pretty good.

Justin - 10/24/11 - 1:29am

Seriously caught myself laughing rather loudly to myself at work when I saw this!

shlomi - 10/24/11 - 8:40am

looking at Fairdale’s website – it does not seem as it is a joke .
it seems like they realy offer that option ( carry dogs ) .

in my opinion it is an abuse of the dogs / animal and i hope there is a law that should prevent this from being sold or published .

i would suggest if one knows , to forward that to the organizations that protect animals from abuse , for their evaluation and action if needed .

Clem - 10/30/13 - 10:57am

These images are Photoshopped (look closely). Have a sense of humor, people!