PRESS RELEASE: The Hive announces the release of two new additions to their popular XCX series of one-by XC chain retention systems: the XCX D-type for high-direct style front derailleur mounts and the cyclocross specific XCX.CX. Already available in bottom bracket, seat tube (high and low) and E-type/S3 mounting standards, these new guides round out the complete line of one-by XCX cross country chain retention systems from e*thirteen.
Both new guides incorporate the adjustable upper slider from the World Cup winning LG1+ guide. The XCX.CX utilizes a trick seat tube clamp cam, allowing for seamless chainline adjustment, and can be mounted to frames with 28.6, 31.8 or 34.9 seat tube diameters. The XCX D-type achieves 4.5mm of chainline adjustment via spacers included with the guide.
With the advent of 10 speed MTB drivetrains and the 11/36 cassette, the XCX has become the XC guide of choice for those looking to simplify and lighten their drivetrain. When coupled with any of our even and odd tooth sized e*thirteen Guidering options, the XCX becomes a highly precise drivetrain tuning tool which can adapt any bike and wheel size to any XC or trail bike terrain.
A prototype XCX guide first debuted on the race bike of Orbea cross-country rider Julien Absalon in late 2009. Since its first appearance and second place podium at the World Championship XC race, the XCX has garnered many accolades and podiums. The XCX is currently the cross-country 1x guide of choice for the Topeak-Ergon Race Team, BC Bike Race 3rd overall and multi-stage winner Neal Kindree (Scott), and enduro specialist Kenny Burt (Ibis/WTB).
- Machined, anodized 6061-T6 aluminum backplate with laser engraved adjustment marks
- Blackout or White sliders available
- XCX-CX: Eccentric seat tube clamp cams allow for chainline adjustment of 39.5 to 42.5mm and accommodate seat tube diameters of 28.6, 31.8 and 34.9mm
- XCX-Dtype: Chainline adjustment shims mount between frame and guide for adjustment of 49 to 53.5mm.
- Captive alloy hardware – no more lost bolts or washers – and adjustable, indexed slider
- XCX-CX = 71g to 75g
- XCX-Dtype = 57g to 65g