New Chumba Racing EVO Gen2 and UK Frame Price Revision!
For everone who has been waiting, we finally have news of the new frame from Chumba Racing, the EVO (Generation 2). This frame has been on the drawing board for some time now and apparently Chumba have been tweaking it and making sure that everything was ‘right’ before going to production. Some minor details are still to be finalised but on the whole the frame is ready!
The idea behind the new EVO was to design and build a 6″ travel frame that had the best of the new technologies available, was tough but still light weight and versatile enough to be a good all round trail bike at a very competitive price point. The new EVO is also a first for Chumba as they have developed their own version of the mini link and feature this for the first time on the new EVO. The EVO will have an extensive list of useful features, Tapered Head tube, 2 shock mounts one specifically for coil and one for air, specially designed sliding drop outs (future proof as they can easily be swapped out), ISCG mounts and cable routing for an adjustable seat post.
A few EVO 2 stats below.
- 67 degree tapered head angle with a Fox 36 (68 with Fox 32) adjustable up to 3 degrees with headset cups, zero stack tapered head tube.
- 2 shock mount positions – one for coil; one for air – easy set up for differing shock mount positions through the use of front-mounted plates
- Specifically engineered leverage rates for coil and air shocks
- One of only bikes that offer sliding dropouts – allows adjustable wheelbase and c/s length
- Down tube dual-link
- ISCG mounts and possible rear maxle option
- One of lowest stand-over ever for any Chumba mountain bike – these bikes are low and compact
- Double-butted hydroformed tube set, made of 7 series aluminium
- Colours available will be Ano black, Ano red, Ano silver and painted white.
- The frames are expected in Jan 2011 cost will be around Â£1350 and pre orders are being taken now. For those who take up the initial pre orders Chumba will be offering a very good offer on a Elka coil shock that has been optimised for this frame.
VF2 & XCL UK Frame Price Revision
To coincide with the release of the new EVO, Progressive Bikes, the UK Chumba importer, have decided to drop the prices of the XCL and VF2 frames. Chumba are still supporting the horst link bikes within the range and will continue to develop each model with a new beefier XCL in the pipeline and perhaps an all alloy VF2.
The XCL will now retail at Â£899 and the VF2 at Â£1099 both with Fox RP23 shocks!