A few weeks ago we showed you the Cannondale Dutchess, a prototype ladies commuter bicycle built as a student project.Ã‚Â Details were sparse, but thanks to James at BicycleDesign.net, here are a few tidbits before we put you in his ever capable hands:
- Handlebars fold to create a lock and adjust hand position.
- Internal hydraulic hub brakes close and lock the wheels when handlebar is folded.
- The bike was designed as a corporate design project for Cannondale.
- It was designed as a graduation project by Wytze van Mansum at the Delft University of Technology.
- The drivetrain, while not completely detailed, is 96% efficient versus 98% for the standard chain.